Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Rift Part 1 will be available at your local comic shop tomorrow! (It’ll be out in bookstores on March 18.) The Rift is arguably the most Toph-ilicious comic book ever — the entire story focuses on our favorite Metalbender’s friendship with the Avatar.
In celebration, I present to you ten reasons why Toph Beifong makes for a better hero than ten-years-from-now you (which, let’s be honest, is just kind of weird).
10. She can make a monster face out of a couple of cucumber slices and some mud.
9. She didn’t need some stupid human to teach her earthbending. She learned straight from the source.
8. Earth angels.
7. At the age of twelve, she kicked (the Avatar version of) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s butt.
6. Her unique personal grooming habits.
5. She knows how to fancy it up when she needs to.
4. She sticks up for her friends.
3. She figured out how to do the impossible.
2. This line. Ha ha.
1. She is the Melon Lord!!!