Man, this Chinese Tiger Mother thing has really taken off. Here are a bunch of Tiger Mom links (by no means exhaustive):
- Original Wall Street Journal Essay
- Interview with author Belle Yang (no relation) about being the daughter of a Tiger Mom
- My comic strip about Chinese Tiger Parenting
- Angry Asian Man’s take on the Tiger Mom
- Jeff Yang’s (no relation again — ancient Yangs were just good at reproducing) column about the Tiger Mom
- Tiger Mom on NPR
- Tiger Mom is Awesome
- Tiger Mom Sucks
- Tiger Mom Makes Psychology Today Flinch
- Tiger Mom Says (I saved this for last because it is clearly the most awesome)
Last year, ‘Tiger’ meant you couldn’t keep your pants on. This year, it means you make your kid practice piano for three hours a day. Another fine example of the evolution of the English language!
My prediction for 2011: Sooner rather than later, a Tigers vs. Cougars video clip is gonna be a YouTube sensation.